Here's what our company is doing to keep our clients and employees safe amid concerns of COVID-19. Learn More.
Vivint Security Monitor in Mansfield
September 23, 2021

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Mansfield?

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Mansfield?

In the process of assembling the nursery, you built the crib, covered the walls with a soft, lighter shade, and established the greatest diaper changing space ever. The next step is to figure out how you want to watch your baby sleep. You could go with the conventional monitor that allows you to listen in through a connected audio receiver, or you could go high-tech and utilize high-def video feeds, two-direction communications, and instant activation through motion detection.

The high-tech version may make you think of surveillance systems included in a modern home security package, but should you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Mansfield? 

What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Mansfield?

In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was quite basic. You place a a device with a built-in microphone in close contact to your child’s bed, which transmits an audio feed to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Thankfully, baby monitors now offer many more features. For example, some monitors now offer HD video and 2-way communication. You can also connect your monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you can wander all over the house. The leading baby monitors in Mansfield are so elaborate that they are similar to interior surveillance systems in both capabilities and price.

Would you replace your baby monitor for an indoor security camera?

Knowing that baby monitors and home defense cameras have similar capabilities, you have numerous residents in Mansfield connecting their baby's room to their overall home defense. This approach is beneficial -- especially when using to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:

HD video with low-light capability: Your monitoring device should include 1080p high-def video, and infrared LED technology for reliable low-light performance.

Two-way talk: You won’t always have to go to the nursery to get your newborn back to a restful state. Your reassuring words may be the only requirement to keep them sleeping.

Sensors and alerts: Even though you can have your camera stay on constantly to carefully watch your newborn, your attention could begin to waver. But if your camera notices unusual activity, then you can get a text alert on your phone. This is helpful when your adventurous newborn soundlessly scales out of the crib or when your family dog wanders into the nursery.

Recording capabilities: The majority of baby monitors aren’t able to save video footage. Today’s modern devices allow you to send a brief sample to grandparents to allow them a glimpse of what a special, sleepy child you have.

Watch on your mobile device: As an alternative to having to lug monitoring equipment wherever you go, you are now able to view your child from a simple smartphone app. You can even say hello to your tot and babysitter when you go for a date night.

A security camera baby monitor is part of a larger smart home

The great part about using a security camera as a baby monitor in Mansfield is that it will work in unison with your other home automation and security products. As an illustration, if you see that your little one is particularly restless, you can tweak your smart thermostat from your smartphone app to get a more pleasant temperature. In addition, as they wake up for a 2 a.m. bottle, you have the chance to slowly illuminate the nursery’s smart lighting to signal you will be there soon. If you by chance have multiple small children in unconnected areas, you have the ability to give each one an indoor security camera and monitor the feeds in a unified smartphone app.

An indoor security camera in Mansfield is included in your home’s complete security and automation package

Regardless of whether you are looking for a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or you just need to upgrade your home defense, begin by reaching out to Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint professional will guide you through your options and work hard to configure the right security plan for you. Just call (419) 359-8643 or fill out the following form.