Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Mansfield? Normally, there are three major regions of your property for video protection: your principal entryway, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. Even though your security installer is able to suggest where to start, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Main Entrance
Even though it may seem crazy that a burglar would attempt to casually enter through the front door, 34% of intrusions occur at the front door. You can also count porch pirates among other risks to deal with. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to tackle these possibilities with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell cameras are even more beneficial as you have the ability to chat with any visitors who come and ring the bell. By using your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to each instance with 2-way talk and live feeds and look like you’re home. Then if a visitor begins doing something questionable, you are able to have your video surveillance document the event on video and deliver it to your smartphone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Outdoor Surveillance System
Where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting task. Luckily, there are a few beneficial tips to help ensure you’re safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Mansfield residence provide a better field-of-view, as you can see two parts of your property.
- Just below an eave or into a bit of siding or exterior trim are perfect spots for security cameras as they will be partially obscured by the edge of your house.
- Over your garage, as the garage door is an easier access point for invaders than you’d think!
- Overlooking a patio or rear door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the road.
In each of these spots, be sure to trim away any overgrown plants or trees that may block your view.
Suggestions To Get The Best Results From Your In-Home Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your property in Mansfield. That same flexibility results in there being other installation variables to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are secure, the natural light that enters via a window may create a glare and impact the clarity of your surveillance footage. Aim the lens away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a guard tower, a security camera located in a high place will produce a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras on top of bookcases or attached to the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera will lose its ability to protect you if it’s damaged or destroyed. Install your devices in a spot where little ones and house pets have no ability to mess with them. You could try mounting or other ways of attaching them to make sure they don’t fall if accidentally bumped.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The greatest security camera won’t do much good if there is a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. However, potted plants and other decor items may be a perfect way to conceal your surveillance installation. Just make sure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and security devices, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the right package for your whole house -- protecting every inch. Dial (419) 359-8643 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.